Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is Ultra Aluminum™railing easy to maintain?
Yes, Ultra Aluminum railing are made from high-strength Ultrum™ Alloy with a minimum 35,000 psi, so they are durable and will not rust. Our Powercoat™ is twice the thickness and hardness of typical wet coatings, making it more fade- and scratch-resistant, so the color will stay true. In most cases, a simple spray from a garden hose will suffice in keeping Ultra railing looking good.
2. What colors are available?
View large color chart
3. Can Ultra Aluminum™railing be attached to structures (columns, pillars or buildings)?
Yes, the fence panel can be joined to an end post that has been butted up to the structure itself; or the railing panel can attach directly to the structure using rail ends. Rail ends are available in three designs: standard, adjustable horizontally, and adjustable vertical.
4. Are Ultra Aluminum™gates fully welded?
Yes, our gates are fastened and 100% welded at all connections and joints for durability and safety.
5. What types of gates are offered by Ultra Aluminum?
We offer factory-engineered gates in all grades. Walk gates, Drive gates, Estate gates, Roll gates, and Cantilever gates are all available.
6. Can Ultra Aluminum™railing and gates be customized?
Yes, we offer factory-engineered custom widths and heights by special order with a modest up-charge.
7. Can Ultra Railing be installed on porches, balconies and decks?
Yes, all railing from Ultra Signature™ and Ultra Max® is ICC (International Commercial Code) compliant – strong enough to meet or exceed all building codes for railings. The Ultra Signature railing system utilizes a two-piece design that withstands considerably more lateral force than code requires.
8. Can Ultra fence be used as railing?
Ultra Aluminum™does not recommend or condone using its fences for safe use as railing. Ultra does not assume liability for improper, unintended, or illegal use of its products. Code compliance is the sole responsibility of the contractor.
9. To purchase Ultra Aluminum™ railing, columns, gates and accessories?
Ultra does not sell directly to the public; Ultra will be happy to recommend railing contractors in your area.
10. How long does it take to get my Ultra Aluminum™railing?
Railing orders generally arrive four weeks after purchase is made. Lead times for all products remain consistent even during the busy season.
11. How do Ultra Aluminum™railing products compare to similar steel or wrought iron products?
The biggest advantage to an Ultra Aluminum™product is its maintenance-free characteristics. Unlike steel or wrought iron, Ultra products won’t rust and its Powercoat™ paint finish is guaranteed for life. Powercoat is twice the thickness and hardness of a typical baked finish, and meets AMMA 2604-5 standards for the ultimate in durability and UV protection.
And strength is never compromised with an Ultra product. Its high-strength Ultrum™ Alloy is as strong as steel and has been tested to withstand hurricane wind gust up to 259 mph.